Saturday, January 25, 2014

Family History Gets Me A Little Fired Up!!!

I have posted the following excerpt before on a different site, so it may be familiar to some of you.  I have several family and community history books  and projects that have been underway for a while, and this is the statement I have included in one of them as the "Opening Thoughts."  


This is a current photo of the side of the Bednego Wright Home Place (circa 1863.)  The chimney shown was built over 150 years ago by Bednego and his Plantation workers , using bricks made by hand at the Brick Masonry located on-site at the Wright Home.


“I am not sure what it is about old things that inspire me to be so ambitious, but they do, especially these old things that were once a little piece of my ancestors.  I want to revive those objects and possessions that were precious to them and make them new again or at least use them in some meaningful way that will impact my children, my local community, and future generations.  I look back at some of the amazing and wonderful things that my grandparents and older ancestors did during their lifetimes to make this world a better place, and it inspires me tremendously to be a better person and to be all that I can be for my family, my community, my world and my Heavenly Father.  I want to be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and child of God; I want to be a good steward of the ancestral lands and possessions we have been blessed to take care of.”

Bobbie Wright Grogan 

No comments:

Post a Comment